June 2, 2020 Update
Glenloch Baptist Church will continue our regathering plan through the month of June. We have had three weeks of in-person preaching and worship, and it has been such a joy to meet again. We will meet weekly at 9:00am, 11:00am, and 6:00pm, unless otherwise announced. Social distancing requirements will remain in effect, as well as cleaning services before and between services. We are thankful for those who were able to attend our first three services, and there remains plenty of space for you and/or your family to safely attend. At this time there will be no Sign-Up Forms necessary for attendance. Since shelter-in-place recommendations are in place for seniors and other at-risk health groups, we also will continue to record services and post on-line for later viewing. There will be no Sunday School, nursery, or children’s activities through the month of June. This includes VBS, which has been postponed to a ‘yet to be determined’ date. Wednesday Night Adult Bible study is planned to resume later this month, but those details will be available in an update to follow. Our prayer is that you and your family will worship the Lord at the Glenloch sanctuary or at home . . .please feel free to contact us with any questions or ministry needs. We love you! “Bless the LORD, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits.” (Psalm 103:1-2)
Our regulations include:
- Continued recording and online posting of services for those who should not or do not choose to attend
- Enlisting a cleaning service to sanitize the sanctuary (chairs, doors, etc.) between services.
- Hand-sanitizing stations and masks available
- Posting guidelines (no shaking hands or hugging) and sectioning off areas to ensure social distancing
- No Sunday School or other small group meetings until further notice
- No children’s activities until further notice
- No greeting times
- Reduced facilities use (e.g., no water fountains; bathrooms emergency only)
- Intentional, orderly dismissal
- In light of Gov. Kemp’s extension of the ‘shelter in place’ recommendation for senior citizens and those who are in vulnerable health condition until June 13, we are encouraging those in this category to remain at home during this time. We will continue to record our services so that individuals and families who are not able to attend may continue to worship at home.
- The COVID-19 virus is still a threat, especially for the most vulnerable. We will observe all the appropriate social distancing recommendations (as noted above) during our time back together, and will post info on this in our meeting spaces.
- Our services will continue to be ‘scaled back’, but it will still include a sermon and some congregational singing. The 6pm service will be primarily geared for youth, but all ages are encouraged to attend.
- We are prayerful and cautiously optimistic that the Covid-19 virus numbers will continue to slow, and ‘shelter in place’ regulations lifted, so that we may be able to offer a more regular worship and weekly schedule in the near future. Please be patient with us as we learn how to navigate and adjust as we seek to re-open our ministries.