In 1902 Mr. Mitchell Andrews, with the help of his sons, built the first meeting house at Glenloch. It was one room about 40 feet wide and 60 feet in length. He was paid either three to four hundred dollars to complete the job. The church and the community grew and prospered over the years.
In the summer of 1949, the
old meeting house was torn down and a new one was built on the same
site. The church used mostly volunteer
labor with a foreman and two other paid carpenters. The church was built for the sum of about
three thousand dollars. The new church
was dedicated on Sunday, October 9th, 1949.
Renovations of the sanctuary, as well as the construction of new buildings, took place from the the 1950's through the 1990's. Our current sanctuary was built in 2010 and continues to be the meeting place for our Sunday morning worship. Reverend Neil Awbrey has been the Pastor of Glenloch Baptist Church since 2000.